I was tagged for the Six Sleepy Things Meme by Morgen.
So, here are 6 things I do to go to sleep or while I'm asleep:
1. I always watch TV for a little while. I turn the sound off and turn on the closed captioning so Mr. Incredible can go to sleep. If I just try to fall asleep, my brain starts thinking about too much and wakes me up, but if I watch TV I can trick my brain into focusing on that until I fall asleep.
2. We use a sound machine. Otherwise there are too many small noises that distract us and wake us up. Regular white noise works, but we most often use "hard rain" or "ocean waves."
3. I do a lot of running and kicking in my sleep. I don't ever wake myself up or anything, so I'll have to take Mr. I's word for it, but he says it happens most often if I'm asleep on my back with my knees bent. If he notices me sleeping like that he'll straighten out my legs so he doesn't get kicked. :)
4. I sleep with a pillow between my knees. I also sometimes put one under my stomach if I'm sleeping on my stomach or on my side. It keeps my back from hurting. Or at least I've convinced myself it does, I don't know if it actually helps.
5. We started taking Melatonin a few months ago and it really makes me sleepy. It makes me a little hungover, though, so I only take half. Mr. I. likes it too. But my mom took it, and it made her wired. Weird.
6. I keep a tube of Burt's Bees on the nightstand, because I hate waking up in the middle of the night with chapped lips.