Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wow

So a few days ago I had a thought. I was thinking about where I am in my life, where I've been, where I'm going, blah blah blah. And I realized. Three short years ago, I was working as an attorney. I owned my house. And I was married to a man I thought was good and true (all that came crashing down on November 12, 2006; so I still had two days of ignorance). I never would have guessed that all three things would be gone now.

I also would never have guessed it would be the house I missed the most.

edited to add: I was technically unemployed three years ago today (by a few days), but did find a job lawyering, so technically I still considered myself an attorney. To clarify.

5 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Ha! I get that - I really miss my house, too (although I love the one I have now). I move doutjust a few months aftr that, Feb '07.

Mya Pinyan said...

Sorry, sister.

Glad one of those is gone though, though wish he didn't suck in the first place.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

That's so much change in such a short time... I'm not sure how I would react to that much shift. I know I would miss my house, I'm a horrible homebody and my home is like my sanctuary. I hope where you are now feels like home and makes you happy :)

Desert Songbird said...

Could be that the house represented what you thought to be stability. Don't know, but just a thought.

You'll find your inner peace. You're on the right track.

Katie Hair said...

weird, but I miss the house too!!