Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gypsy

Guess what?

New job time!

For multiple reasons, I have decided to leave my current job for a new one. I will be spending every day working on one of our mountains, running a little ski shop. I'm excited. I'll be working for the strongest company in this area, and that's comforting given the upheaval that's been happening here. I'll also not have to work nights. And there's no beating the scenery from the top of the mountain. It's more responsibility than my current job, which makes me more invested in it. And yada yada yada... did I mention the view?

I figure that if at some point in the next year I decide it's time to abandon fantasy world and move back to reality, I should, in the meantime, make the most of my location.

Plus, you never know. Maybe it'll be the perfect job for me. Might as well keep hunting for it.

2 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I thought you had gone back to the legal world, I must be really behind :) Hard to keep up, hardy har har! Just kidding :) Sounds like a wonderful job to have and I hope it's a good fit for you, right now, where you are in your life's journey. Be happy!

Desert Songbird said...

I say take things as they come. You don't have anyone to please but yourself, so you have the right to go with the flow and grab opportunities that present themselves to you. As the economy improves, you never know what other things fall across your path.