Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nothing

Nothing. Nothing to blog about. Nothing is happening.

You know, I had an idea I'd write a book about the manitorium.  However, 42 days in, I have to say there would not be much to write.  No major self discovery.  No epiphany.  No aha moment.  Not really.  I know I should wait til the whole thing is over before I give up completely, but the first sixth of experiment has been less than exciting. And I've not had too much trouble, unlike 360, who has been asked out 8 million times since she swore off men.  Bitch. ;)

Speaking of the lovely and talented 360, she will be here TOMORROW.  I can't wait to take her out in Aspen and watch her bat the men folk away with a stick. :)

I'm recovering from some sort of sickness that presented itself as bronchitis, then flu, then sinusitis.  Whatever it was, I'm feeling so much better today.  Not 100% yet, but you know how when you feel really really ill, there comes that moment when you feel just well enough to be happy to be alive again?  And you can move your body without being in pain?  And you can take a deep breath without collapsing in a coughing fit? And you can blow your nose without needing to do so again in three seconds? And you just feel SO GOOD?  Yeah, I'm there.  It's awesome.  My throat is still sore and I sound very much like an old smoker, but I can deal with it.

4 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick, but glad to hear you're getting better. No advice on the manitorium stuff, wish I could offer some sage advice :) Have fun with your friend!

secret agent woman said...

Yeah, I've found my man-break to be mostly boring! Hoe you have a great time going out!

Dale Jr. said...

Ohhhh - I just saw this...

and, as I recall - YOU were approached during our S.A.D. dinner... not me. :)

Desert Songbird said...

I can relate to this illness. I'm at that nearly recovered stage, so I'm happy to be alive. It felt like it was touch and go there for several days!

Well, I'm glad going "man-less" hasn't been too much of a hardship yet. You'll find your epiphany, even if it doesn't come until the end.