Monday, April 27, 2009

Hy-drangea!

So here I am, the beginning of week 3 at the new job, and things are moving right along.

Today I got my cast off and was given a removable brace to wear for the next 3 weeks until I go back to visit. This means I can shower without my plastic arm condom, I can scratch my itches, and I can lotion my horribly dry skin. I can also do things that hurt. But I'm supposed to be moving around. My doc is not sending me to physical therapy, but I'm sure he will if I don't do what I'm supposed to do on my own. Which I askeered of because it hurts. But overall it is doing better. This is a picture I took with my iPhone of my x-ray that was taken today.


Cool, huh?

Work is going well... I really like my co-worker. We went for adult beverages last week and she is fun and smart and ballsy. I've noticed this about women I tend to befriend. They have these qualities that I wish I had in higher quantity: assertiveness, courage, confidence. I can list many of my best girlfriends over the years that are very similar to each other in this respect. Especially female lawyers I know and have worked with. I am drawn to them, and I know it's in an attempt to borrow some of their magic. Just a little pattern I've noticed. My therapist would be so proud of me for acknowledging that little need in myself.

I'm moving this weekend. I am excited about the new place but I do so dread the actual moving. And yet, I've done it like 5 times since I started this blog. Ok, four. This will be #4. My kitties are not yet aware, but I'm hoping they'll be fine. There are windows that have wide enough sills for their large rear ends, and that's the most important thing to them.

The weather here can't make up its mind... blue skies and warm on Saturday morning, one inch of snow on the ground today... I'm hoping that Spring sticks around because when I move the winter clothes are going into storage.

Not much else exciting right now...

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Glad the new job is going well! And moving, again? Wow, should you be doing stuff like packing and moving with your arm? Take care, and get it healed, so you don't have to go to PT. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope the move goes well. Take care of that arm! That's what single, strapping, handsome boys are for...LOL!

Desert Songbird said...

You should just leave your stuff in boxes you move so often! (J/K)

Glad the arm is healing, but you really should get it moving, pain or not. It's better for you.

Oh, and about gravitating toward people with traits you admire? I think that's normal. Sometimes as humans we do that in order to "see how it's done." You know what I mean?