Monday, April 20, 2009

Psssst...

Don't tell, blogosphere, but I'm blogging from my new job!

And it is so far so good, as I begin my 2nd week here. Everybody's nice, I can tell I'm totally going to be friends with these people, and the work so far has actually been interesting. Stuff that's not entirely familiar to me, so it keeps my attention while I learn it. It took me about 3 days or so for my brain to kick in, and all of a sudden there was this sense of "Oh, yeah! I remember this now!" Things started coming back to me pretty quickly.

My arm is holding up pretty well. The typing makes it sore, but not unbearably so and I spent the weekend resting it. Last week (before I came in for my first day) I got a regular cast in place of the post-op huge one I had been wearing. That one had gotten very loose and was actually causing pain because my arm was not very secure. This one is much tighter and feels better. Except for when I have an itch and I can't get in there to scratch it... I don't want to stick anything in there, not only because I'm "not supposed to," but especially because I have that incision in there and I do not wish to open it up by accident. With the old cast I could get my fingers in there and reach most itches.

I am no longer seeing the guy I was seeing (Aruba guy). And I am very proud of myself because I have never broken up with anyone in my life with the exception of my high school boyfriend. I don't break up with people, and if they don't break up with me I end up married. It would have been very easy to allow this to go that route. He is a great guy, very nice, very smart, has a good job, really liked me, treated me very well... it just wasn't going to work. And so I had to man up. And I think we will still be friends, which is nice.

I'm moving again. Yep. Pebbles (y'all know that's not her real name, right) and I are getting an apartment together to save money. We're together all the time anyway. I'm excited, she's a good cook. :) The fun part is going to be packing and moving with one arm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are loving the new job. Hope the arm holds up. If I could get away I would help you pack!

Desert Songbird said...

Lots and lots of changes with you, Sadie dear. Your life just keeps evolving. Glad to hear that you're getting a positive look at things!

Gayle said...

Glad the job is going OK.
Sorry about your guy. You deserve to be happy.
miss seeing your blogs!