1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I've used bags on occasion for large unwieldy hard to wrap things, like a suitcase.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial and pre-lit. I grew up with real trees only, but switched to artificial one year when I was living in an apartment and would be away from home for several days over Christmas and wouldn't be able to water it. I loved not having to string lights or clean up needles, and I lit some lovely smelly candles and I was golden.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving Day or the day after. This year I was a little late.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day or the day after. Or whenever I'm finally forced to acknowledge it's time.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember a remote controlled Barbie Corvette of which I was particularly fond.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom or my sister. or Maybe my StepDad. Pretty much my whole family is hard to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My brother-in-law, he of the Amazon Wish List.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? My all-time favorite is Holiday Inn.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually early to mid December. Because I like torturing myself. This year I have yet to purchase a single gift because I am broke.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham. And ham. And mashed potatoes. And ham. With some mashed potatoes.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I can't pick one. My favorite album is John Denver and the Muppets A Christmas Together, and I also really like all of Amy Grant's Christmas albums. Oh, and Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong" and "Song for a Winter's Night."
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Over the past few years, I've mostly traveled. This year I hope to travel to be with my family, but have not finalized plans yet.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Grew up with an angel, but I don' t have one I like right now for my own tree. I have a pretty star that I use now.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It was Christmas Eve when I was a teenager, but it's Christmas morning now because we have a youngun in the family (my niece).
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I don't know. I do most of my shopping online so I don't have to deal with crowds or malls (the closest real mall is 2 hours away), which were my previous holiday peeves. Around here, the traffic spikes remarkably at the holidays with skiers, but I don't have to deal much with it. So... I'm good.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Oooh, snow and decorations and holiday music, and everybody being in a good mood and eating good food and sparkly lights and warm mulled cider and MORE SNOW.