Monday, June 01, 2015

Twenty Two Months

I imagine I would never remember this blog even exists without Gayle to remind me. :)

Oh Baby Girl,

So much as changed in seven months!

We up and moved to a new town at the end of February, and now are where your Gaga and Beanie can spend more time with you, which is nice for all of us.   For the first month, your Daddy had to stay in Memphis at his job and so your Mimi came and stayed with us and you and she just had the grandest old time every day.  Then you started your new daycare and that has gone swimmingly. You really are quite a go with the flow sort.  I think you get that from me. :)

You have learned eleventy million new words it seems.  "Boobie" being your favorite.  You can name all your family members, the cats ("Bobby" for Dobby and something that sounds like "Kitty" for Big Kitty/Merlin).  You can name all the major colors and like to just shout out the color of everything you see.You like to go "outside" and especially the "swing" and the "slide." You are a champion eater, cheese (which you can ask for specifically) is still your favorite, you are currently in a bit of a pickle phase. Yesterday you wouldn't eat much until I put a dab of yellow mustard on your chicken and you ate it all and asked for more.  We went out to dinner on Saturday and got a "Memphis style" sausage and cheese plate and you ate more than your fair share.  Vegetables, though, are not your favorite at all.  Maybe I'll try mustard on your green beans...

Your newest word is "Wiggles."  You love The Wiggles.  Other entertainment favorite choices include Elmo and Chica.You like to sing, and current favorites are "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Rockabye your Bear."

You like to give hugs and kisses and when you accidentally hurt me and I say "Ouch!" you always tilt your head to the side and ask if I'm okay--  "tay?" 

I feel like there is too much to say and also I can't think of anything.  You're the best thing in the whole wide world.  You are sweet and funny and smart and adorable.  I love hanging out with you.  But I wouldn't mind it if you would sleep all night long. :)

Love,
Momma

3 comments:

Gayle said...

This public service announcement was brought to you by ME! See you in another 7 months.... :) Love me some Sadie and Baby Girl!

SK said...

Me too! Thank you for reminding her!!

Keenie Beanie said...

Ah, lovely, such a fun time. And my daughter who's never been a bad sleeper was still waking at that age, but now at 2 1/2 I can't remember the last time she woke up at night. Yours will get there too.