Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Fifteen months

Baby Girl,

Five months have gone by since I last wrote, and it feels like you've changed so much! I am sorry I haven't written more regularly.

You got a bunch of your teeth all at once, and now you are one canine and 4 molars short of a full set! Already!  I know it must be hard to have so many coming through in such a short time, but at least it's over more quickly.  You've been walking without holding anything for at least 4 months now, and you LOVE to explore. You love the zoo, the front yard, or anyplace outside.

Your words are coming more slowly than your walking and teeth-- "uh oh" is your favorite, and you say Mama, Dada (though not always directed at one of us), and apple-- you've said Ball a time or two.  You're babbling constantly though, and I feel like you're just going to start having a full conversation all of a sudden one day.  And I am really looking forward to talking with you. :)  But I do love your sweet little babble noises.

Your first birthday was celebrated twice-- once with each set of grandparents. You didn't really know what was going on, but you always love having extra folks around to love you. :)

You've been at day care for 3 months now, and we are all happy.  You love your teachers and your friends, and you don't cling to me or cry at drop off.  And when Daddy picks you up at the end of the day, you squawk and run to him and make him the happiest person in the world.  Anticipating that transition scared me to death and you breezed through it like a champ.

Cheese is your favorite thing in the world, next to boob.  You can open the fridge and point to the drawer where the cheese lives, and when we get it out of the fridge you giggle and clap and flap your little arms in excitement.  You also like salsa, and still love grapes and oranges.  You get pizza on Fridays at school and apparently clean your plate and a friend's too.

You dance when you hear your favorite songs (Itsy Bitsy Spider, the theme to Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood) and you love your kindermusik class at school.  You did inherit a bit of musicality from both your parents: your father, the frustrated pianist and your mother, the karaoke queen/band geek.  Maybe you will find something in music that will shape your future. Maybe you'll just bang together some sticks.  Maybe both. :)

Halloween was similar to your birthday-- you didn't know why things were different, and you sure weren't sure you liked that costume, but you got extra attention and love and that's always okay with you.  You were the cutest chicken that ever existed.


I love coming home after work-- you hear me come in and always shout out and come to find me, and it's the best part of my day. You've started patting me with your cute little hand when you rest your head on my shoulder, which is too adorable.  And your sweet little sleeping face before I go to sleep is the most peaceful thing I've ever seen.

I love you more than I knew was possible,
Momma.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Has she graduated from college yet? :)