Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009? Seriously?

I cannot believe it is 2009. But I'm happy to see a New Year. 2008 certainly was a difficult one for me, but I honestly believe I'm smarter, stronger, and happier for getting through it.

Getting a day off work was the perfect medicine to improve my Christmas Crankiness, and I had a beautiful, relaxing, happy white Christmas. I will go next weekend to visit my family and they are very nicely doing a Christmas dinner re-do, complete with my favorite ham and mashed potatoes. I'm very excited about it.

I still haven't been skiing yet... I'm skeered. :) I just know that I'm not going to remember what I'm doing and I'm going to have to start all over again. Also, it's cold. And I want to go with my Colorado BFF (let's call her Pebbles) but she and I have conflicting work schedules.

New Year's Eve was big fun-- Pebbles and I went to a very crowded bar and there was dancing and champagne and laughing and kisses at midnight (no, I didn't kiss Pebbles, I may be discouraged about men but I'm not giving up yet). And if you even knew what NYE 2008 was like for me you'd understand how incredibly AWESOME that is. Here we are, left unsupervised with the camera, welcoming 2009.

4 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I'm glad you had a festive New Year's celebration. My wish for you for 2009 is happiness and peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time... 2009 is gonna be better... has to be...

:-D)

Gayle said...

You make life good where ever you are! 2009 is going to be great.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Glad you had a good Christmas and New Years :) I hope 2009 is a terrific year for you.

Yeah for going home and a Christmas dinner re-do. Be safe and have a wonderful trip!