Stole this from Andria. I have stuff to tell, but I'm tired and can't gather my thoughts, so I'm gonna start with a meme.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Packed my shit and moved from Colorado to North Carolina.
Packed my shit again and moved from North Carolina home to Memphis.
Rented a whole house for just me to live in. Well, me and my menagerie.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Partially. I don't know. It seems like a waste.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. I don't think.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None other than my own.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Love (the romantic kind, I've got the other kind). Extra money.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 20, when I left Aspen. September 15, when I started this job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Feeling this weird happy-peaceful-contentment thing I got going on right now.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The book I did not write. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I had some sort of fluish thing last winter but nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone 4. Love.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dude, MINE! I have been very well behaved lately.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving. Twice. And my debts.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My job, and my trip to NYC, about which I will be writing very soon.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"The House that Built Me" by Miranda Lambert was my favorite song for a long time in 2010.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
a...way happier. WAY.
b....FATTER! By probably 5-10 pounds.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise (see #17b).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat (see #17b).
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was with my family for the first Christmas in years. My niece didn't even wake me up too early! Saw "True Grit" in the afternoon. It was lovely. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
LOST ended well, I thought. Love Glee. Grey's had a great season finale.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I can't think of anyone I newly hate. I still hate the people I used to hate, though, pretty much.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmm. Court Yard Hounds, maybe.
26. What did you want and get?
An iPhone 4, that I got up at 4am to have.
27. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket. An agent and publishing contract for my book (that I didn't write).
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
HP7. Though it wasn't the best of the Harry Potters, it was my favorite this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I hit the big 3-6. I went to work. I went to Huey's for dinner with my peeps. I watched the Grey's Anatomy season premiere. Then I went to bed. It was a school night, don't judge me.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning lottery ticket... Handsome, rich, smart, funny husband...
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I don't think I had one, honestly. But it was an interesting return to professional clothes and the South. Thoseh two things changed my hair (that was mostly the South), my footwear (professional) and the amount of makeup I wear (both things).
32. What kept you sane?
I'm not sure which thing it was... Geographical, Professional, Spiritual... all things work together for good. :)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I actually really like Adam Richman on Man vs. Food. :)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
DADT repeal. Yay!
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
There is a fella that might be the best new person I met, but it's too soon to say.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
You have to let go of one thing, sometimes not knowing what new thing you will find. You just have to believe that it will be there.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"There's a place that I call home, where the streets are paved with soul...
Like a sad old melody; cheers you up and sets you free...
There comes a time when muddy waters run rough
There comes a point when a man has had enough
Like a friend who always stands by me
Memphis knows me, Memphis shows me
How my life just had to be...
I couldn't even try to run away, say goodbye...
All I know is Memphis lives in me."