Thursday, November 06, 2008

A to Z

Borrowed from Sera Strawbridge:

  • Accent: In Memphis I was always been told that I don't have one, but out here people can hear it, on some words stronger than others. Even here, I am still told I don't sound very Southern. When I talk to my family or friends it gets stronger.
  • Breakfast or no breakfast: I used to skip breakfast but now I eat a bowl of Special K or I get really really really hungry.
  • Chore I don’t care for: I hate cleaning out the fridge. Leftovers will remain in my fridge forevah.
  • Dog or Cat: I love both, of course. Currently living with two kitties.
  • Essential Electronics: iPhone, DVR
  • Favorite Perfume: I really like Burberry London in the fall and winter. I don't remember to spray it on very often, though.
  • Gold or Silver: Silver.
  • Handbag I carry most often: I have two that I currently use: one is black and the other brown. I tend to fill my purse no matter how big it is, so I try not to carry big giant bags anymore.
  • Insomnia: Not too bad. I take 3mg melatonin every night, and I use a sound machine, and lately I've been listening to my iPod until I fall asleep. I used to watch TV until I fell asleep but I stopped that because I didn't have cable in room for a few days and discovered I could sleep without it. IF I have the iPod, that is.
  • Job Title: I am perhaps the only two-state-licensed-attorney Lead Concierge in the world.
  • Kids: Not now, please. Not exactly the best time.
  • Living Arrangements: Just moved into a one-bedroom apartment with quite a lovely view of the mountains and the ranch next door.
  • Most Admirable Trait: Wow. Um... Apparently it's modesty cause I can't think of anything.
  • Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: I really wasn't bad. At least, not so bad I can think of much.
  • Overnight hospital stays: Never.
  • Phobias: Being submerged in a vehicle.
  • Quote: "All roads lead to truth, though some will take you there a whole heck of a lot quicker than others. Be honest with yourself."
  • Reason to smile: Obama won!
  • Siblings: I have a sister.
  • Time I wake up: Depends. I was sleeping way too late when I was working 1pm-9pm, but switching to the day shift, getting up early for the moving, and the time change all helped set me back to about a 7:30 wake up without an alarm. This is a first-time occurrence for me, and I expect that it will slip back to normalcy before long. Normalcy = dragging myself out of bed after hitting snooze three times with barely enough time to get to work.
  • Unusual Talent or Skill: I don't have any that are unusual, my skills and talents are all pretty... usual.
  • Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Brussels sprouts. Hate.
  • Worst Habit: I’m a teeth clencher. Awake, asleep, doesn't matter. I'm clenching.
  • X-rays: Had lots of head/jaw X-rays when I was getting treated for TMD. I have had a few on my wrist before I was diagnosed with ulnar impaction syndrome (my ulna bone is too long and bangs against other wrist bones, also ripping my ligaments, the only remedy for it is bone shortening surgery. Yeah.). That's about all I can think of. Oh, I broke my baby toe in 9th grade.
  • Yummy Stuff: Cheese. Beer. Pizza. Pasta. And cheese.
  • Zoo Animal I Like Most: Tigers, of course.

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Fun meme and some really good answers in there :)

I couldn't agree more with the electronics, we are really liking our new iPhones. And we tell ourselves regularly, how did we ever live without a DVR? :)

I'm the same way with purses. If there's empty space, I fill it. Then my shoulder will ache.

Why am I not surprised you're a big fan of Tigers?! :)

Desert Songbird said...

I'm not sleeping well lately, either, and I don't really know why. I'm breathing okay, I got new headgear for my CPAP, and I'm not under any undue stress. I just don't get it.

Gayle said...

Yep. It's really her!
Hi Sadie!!!!