Tuesday, December 23, 2008
The snow here is just beyond belief. It didn't snow, and it didn't snow, and then... IT SNOWED. And snowed. And it's still snowing. Feet and feet of snow. It's so pretty when everything is white and the big fat fluffy flakes sort of float down. Today, however, it was a white-out and not so fun. But I was safe inside and that was good. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow with more snow to come on Christmas Day. This is what I get for years of wishing for a White Christmas! Here's a picture of the place I work, I took this walking in the other day, this was about 2 feet of snow ago.
Friday, December 12, 2008
- Name: Sadie
- Birth date: September 23
- Birthplace: Memphis, TN
- Current Location: Rocky Mountains, CO
- Eye color: Green
- Hair Color: Brown
- Height: 5′ 9"
- Righty or Lefty: Right handed
- Zodiac sign: I'm on the cusp between Virgo and Libra. But I'm totally a Libra.
- Your Heritage: Southern Mutt
-The shoes you wore today: Knee high lace up brown boots. They're hot.
- Your weakness: I have several, including food with cheese melted on it, a certain smile, and overspending.
- Your fears: being submerged in a vehicle is my greatest fear.
- Your perfect pizza: I've recently discovered I like artichoke hearts, maters and ham.
- Goal you’d like to achieve: getting out of debt.
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: I use google talk, but probably "k."
- Your best physical feature: my waist/hip ratio.
- Your most missed memory: If I'm missing a memory, how can I know I'm missing? I don't get this question.
- Pepsi or Coke: Coke, but Diet Pepsi
- McDonalds or Burger King: BK. No doubt!
- Single or group dates: Single
- Adidas or Nike: Neither. I wear Saucony.
-Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Neither. I don't make iced tea at home.
- Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla ice cream, chocolate shakes
- Cappuccino or coffee: Plain old coffee, if at all.
- Smoke: Never
- Cuss: Frequently
- Sing: Alto. I'm a belter; some notes I can only sing if I really push em out. Which pretty much means you don't want to be in the car with me when I'm singing full out, cause it's LOUD.
- Take a shower everyday: Just about. I only wash my hair every other.
- Do you think you’ve been in love: No, I KNOW I've been in love. Several times, in fact.
- Want to go to college: Yeah, done with that. I like learning new stuff but I don't like classwork or papers.
- Liked high school: Notsomuch.
- Want to get married: Believe it or not, yes. I'm still a believer.
- Believe in yourself: Most of the time. I'm working on that.
- Get motion sickness: Rarely, but it does happen.
- Think you’re attractive: Sometimes I think I'm HAWT. Sometimes, I don't even want to look in the mirror.
- Think you’re a health freak: No, I know I'm not
- Get along with your parents: Yes, my parents rock.
- Like thunderstorms: I do. We don't get many here, though. Certainly not compared to Memphis.
- Play an instrument: I play the flute. Or I did, anyway. I haven't tried in a while. I would like to find an outlet so that I don't completely forget how, but there aren't any community bands or groups around here.
Layer Six: In the past month….
- Drank alcohol: Yes
- Smoked: No
- Done drugs: Only the prescription ones
- Made out: No. :(
- Gone on a date: Yes
- Gone to the mall: Not really. There's a little mall that I snuck into but I don't think it counts.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No
- Eaten sushi: Yes, actually.
- Been on stage: No
- Been dumped: No
- Gone skating: No.
- Made homemade cookies: No.
- Gone skinny dipping: dude. It's ELEVEN degrees.
- Dyed your hair: Yes
- Stolen anything: *Sigh* Yes. I stole a lip gloss.
Layer Seven: Have you ever….
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: Don't you people know me well enough to know that OF COURSE is the answer to this question
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Again. Of course.
- Been caught “doing something”: Actually, not that I can think of.
- Been called a tease: Yep. Jerk ass 16 year old boy. Would have gotten further if he'd been sweet.
- Gotten beat up: Nope.
- Shoplifted: See "lip gloss" above.
- Changed who you were to fit in: Not to fit in with a crowd, but to fit with a boy, yes.
- Age you hope to be married: I've learned enough not to try to set a deadline
- Names of children: Merlin and Dobby
- Describe your dream wedding: I don't know... maybe here in the mountains.
- Where do you want to go to college: I went to U of Memphis, as you know. I don't really ever wish I'd gone to any other particular school, though sometimes I wish I'd gone to a location far away, just to be someplace different
-What do you want to be when you grow up: I wish I knew
- What country would you most like to visit: Italy. And France. and Ireland. And Germany, Switzerland, England, etc. And that's just Europe.
- Number of drugs taken illegally: Only marijuana. But it is a gateway drug, you know. Kids: drugs are bad.
- Number of people I could trust with my life: Very few
- Number of CD’s that I own: Not very many. I ripped them all into iTunes and sold the cds.
- Number of piercings: 1 in each ear, plus 1 in my belly button.
- Number of tattoos: 2. And I don't exactly still love them.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: A couple, for letters to the editor I wrote. And when I passed the Bar. And in high school when I went to the USSR.
- Number of scars on my body: Several, I'm clumsy. None are surgical, though.
- Number of things in my past I regret: Oh. That's a tough one. Who's to say, though, where or who I'd be if I hadn't done some of the things I've done?
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I've used bags on occasion for large unwieldy hard to wrap things, like a suitcase.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial and pre-lit. I grew up with real trees only, but switched to artificial one year when I was living in an apartment and would be away from home for several days over Christmas and wouldn't be able to water it. I loved not having to string lights or clean up needles, and I lit some lovely smelly candles and I was golden.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving Day or the day after. This year I was a little late.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day or the day after. Or whenever I'm finally forced to acknowledge it's time.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember a remote controlled Barbie Corvette of which I was particularly fond.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom or my sister. or Maybe my StepDad. Pretty much my whole family is hard to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My brother-in-law, he of the Amazon Wish List.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? My all-time favorite is Holiday Inn.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually early to mid December. Because I like torturing myself. This year I have yet to purchase a single gift because I am broke.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham. And ham. And mashed potatoes. And ham. With some mashed potatoes.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I can't pick one. My favorite album is John Denver and the Muppets A Christmas Together, and I also really like all of Amy Grant's Christmas albums. Oh, and Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong" and "Song for a Winter's Night."
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Over the past few years, I've mostly traveled. This year I hope to travel to be with my family, but have not finalized plans yet.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Grew up with an angel, but I don' t have one I like right now for my own tree. I have a pretty star that I use now.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It was Christmas Eve when I was a teenager, but it's Christmas morning now because we have a youngun in the family (my niece).
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I don't know. I do most of my shopping online so I don't have to deal with crowds or malls (the closest real mall is 2 hours away), which were my previous holiday peeves. Around here, the traffic spikes remarkably at the holidays with skiers, but I don't have to deal much with it. So... I'm good.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Oooh, snow and decorations and holiday music, and everybody being in a good mood and eating good food and sparkly lights and warm mulled cider and MORE SNOW.